Pages

Monday 17 February 2020

Start of planning my portfolio

My Visual Arts course this year will be focussed on photography. Even though I didn't do art last year I have always wanted to see if my skills with photography could get better while taking this class, also it would help me take better photos while on a trip or at a party of some sort. My Kaupapa for the year will be based on the environment. This is something that interests me because when I was younger I had grown up in a really clean area in the west coast but when I moved to Christchurch not only did the environment change but the air changed and there was a lot more pollution in the city than in the west coast. I feel like it would be something I would work on for the whole year.

I Have gone through the artists in my theme from the matrix on Ako and created my mood board this is what my mood board looks like:

From here I have decided on Laurence Aberhart, Peter Lik, and Craig Robertson as my artist models for 2.1. These artists will also help me get started with 2.2 which is also going to be the start of my portfolio 

My Kaupapa based on this theme is looking like this:

February 17, 2020
Lists of places for my portfolio board 

McLeans Forest
Pines beach forest
Spencer park forest
Lyttelton city
Christchurch when the fog is lifting or setting
Waimak dirty and clean
Ravensdown
Avon river





1 comment:

  1. I find it interesting reading this as I think you are seeing your work very holistically, which is a very Key thing for visual art portfolios. Thats a good start from someone who hasn't done Art before.

    Ravensdown may not take kindly to you using their image to discuss pollution! rather than a specific company, it would be legally safer to be unclear as to what company we might be discussing. fertiliser granules all look alike. we could even invent a brand for the purposes of your work and play up the branding to look like its a more dangerous product.



    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.